From ChatGPT to Einstein GPT, a new model of artificial intelligence for business
It will allow sending emails and writing responses to customers thanks to the alliance with OpenAI.
Artificial intelligence (AI) has managed to position itself within the most important trends of this year and it is expected that certain tasks will be facilitated, especially in the area of electronic commerce and customer service. This is how Einstein GPT was born, an artificial intelligence model based on the popular ChatGPT platform, which answers questions of all kinds to the audience.The Salesforce company (oriented to
customer relationship management – CRM, or customer relationship management), which is behind
Einstein GPT , pointed out that this new
generative technology offers content created by AI for sales, service,
marketing , commerce interactions and business IT.Thus, Einstein GPT will be able to generate
personalized email messages (for sellers to send to their customers),
targeted responses (for customer service professionals to respond more quickly to various questions),
content (for professionals to to increase
campaign response rates) and
codes (for developers).”The world is undergoing one of the most profound technological shifts with the rise of real-time technologies and generative AI. This comes at a critical time when all businesses are focused on connecting with their customers in smarter ways, automated and personalized,” says Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce. Read also:
Microsoft updates Windows 11 and includes the optimized Bing with AI technology
De ChatGPT a Einstein GPTSalesforce is combining OpenAI’s enterprise-grade ChatGPT technology with its proprietary
AI models to deliver trusted and relevant content. This is how Einstein GPT was born.”We are thrilled to apply the power of OpenAI technology to CRM,” said Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI. “This will allow more people to benefit from this technology, and allows us to learn more about real-world usage, which is critical to
responsible AI development and deployment , a belief Salesforce shares with us.”It is for this reason that Salesforce Ventures (the company’s global investment arm) announced a US$250 million fund, which will be invested in high-potential
startups , in order to strengthen the
startup ecosystem and boost development. of a responsible, reliable and generative AI.Also read:
San Marcos, La Cantuta and Villarreal sign an agreement to strengthen digital skills
How does Einstein GPT work?Today, Einstein (AI technology from Salesforce) delivers more than 200 billion AI-powered predictions per day, through Customer 360. By combining Einstein’s proprietary AI models with ChatGPT or other large language
models , Customers can create personalized AI-generated content or use natural language prompts in CRM data to
trigger powerful, time-saving automations.Thus, the different applications that can be given to the Einstein GPT technology will be:
– Einstein GPT for Sales: Auto-generate sales tasks like writing emails, scheduling meetings, and preparing for the next interaction.
– Einstein GPT for Care: Generate knowledge articles from previous case notes. Automatically create personalized chat responses to increase customer satisfaction through fast, personalized service interactions.
– Einstein GPT for Marketing : Dynamically generate personalized content to engage customers and prospects across email, mobile,
web , and advertising.
– Einstein GPT for Slack Customer 360 apps: Delivers AI-powered customer insights into Slack, such as smart summaries of sales leads and actions from surface end users.
– Einstein GPT for Developers: Improve developer productivity with Salesforce Research’s own great language model, using an AI chat assistant to generate code and ask questions for languages like Apex.
– ChatGPT for Slack, created by OpenAI: Salesforce and OpenAI announced the ChatGPT for Slack app. The app offers new AI-powered chat summaries, research tools to learn about any topic, and typing assistance to quickly compose messages.
– Customer Perspective: Clients like HPE, L’Oreal, RBC US Wealth Management and S&P Global Ratings talk about the value that generative AI brings to improve customer